Sat, 16 Jul|
Getting to Know your Child
Ever wondered what are the skills used by teachers to assess an infant's (2 to 18 mth olds) needs and wants? Join us for a 3 hour sharing workshop designed to introduce and equip you with these competencies. This workshop will be led by Greentree Montessori's very own founder Ms Charmaine Soh.
Time & Location
16 Jul 2022, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm SGT
Singapore, 26 Jln Shaer, Singapore 769372
About The Event
Ever wondered what are the skills used by teachers to assess an infant's (2 to 18 mth olds) needs and wants? Join us for a 3 hour sharing workshop designed to introduce and equip you with these knowledge and skills which you can apply immediately at home!
As adults, sometimes we become overwhelmed with the infant in our care especially when they are not yet able to verbalize their needs and wants. What then are the cues we can look out for and how do we build their confidence towards communicating their needs and wants towards their carer?
Find out more at this workshop!
- Strategies to understand your child’s needs and wants
- How to provide respectful care-giving.
This workshop will prioritize attendees who are parent(s) with infatscurrently enrolled at Greentree Montessori and will be led by Greentree Montessori's very own founder Ms Charmaine Soh.
Ms. Charmaine Soh has been in the education field for the past 40 years and is the founder and director of Greentree Montessori.
She received her birth to 3 and 3 to 6 years old Training Credentials from AMS (American Montessori Society) and AMI (Association of Montessori International). She was then awarded a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from Pacific Oaks College, Pasadena, USA, and the Certificate for RIE Practices from the Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE). Besides still commiting to work with children on a daily basis at her schools, she also serves as a certified MACTE (Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education) and an American Montessori Society Teacher's Trainer.
Ms. Charmaine Soh pioneered the first Infants’ program in Singapore in 1992 after receiving training from Magda Gerber herself (the founder of RIE). In 2018, she studied under Anna Tardos (daughter of Dr Emmi Pikler) at the Pikler Institute, Budapest, Hungary.
Additional Details of the workshop:
- This workshop is FREE only for parents with children currently enrolled at Greentree Montessori.
- This workshop is SGD$120 for members of the public
- This event is specifically designed only for adults. Please arrange for alternative care for your children should you wish to join this workshop. Children will not be allowed entry to the school for the duration of the workshop due to Covid-19 safe management measures.
Covid-19 Safe Management Measures:
- Mask wearing is compulsory throughout the workshop.
- Class size will be capped at 30 participants.
- Participants will have to declare that they are not a close contact of any Covid-19 persons within 7 days of their attendance at this workshop.
- No ART testing is required. However, temperature checks will still be carried out.
- Participants will not be allowed entry if they are presenting any signs or symptoms of illness.
This ticket is meant for parents whose children are currently enrolled at Greentree Montessori's schools. Thank you.
Members of the public